How to Sync multiple clients DB RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have a server on internet, with SQL server 2005 SP3 and port 1433 open over internet.

My client application that use SQL Compact 3.5 and sync using Local Data Cache template.

I am only little confuse, because when I sync the first client the modification do not reflect on the second client....

What I am wrong ?

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Porcelli
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:14 PM

All replies

• how did you provision the second client? did you just copy the database from the first client to the second?
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:24 PM
  • No, I just sync the application without the DB in the application folder and the application generate for me the DB.

Giuseppe Porcelli
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:35 PM
  • just to clarify the scenario:

are you seeing the changes made from the first client ( say insert 10 rows ), didn't sync-ed to the second client, but all other data in the table was sync-ed down ?

thanks

Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:20 PM
  • Hi Bai,

Yes you have right scenario, the client(1) when modify and add row, the db reflect it, the client(2)(that is only a copy of the folder of client(1)), don't get changes ......

PLEASE HELP !!

Giuseppe Porcelli
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:33 AM
  • can you profile the sql server to see what queries were run on selectChanges and that the parameters to them ? I am more interested in knowning the ClientID for the select changes queriess. or you can trace the sync ( you can refer to this link on how to enable it ). then you can see much details for the sync and hopefuly this can help us find the cause of it.

thanks

Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:39 PM