90 day trial RRS feed

• Question

•  

does the onecare safety scanner 90 day trial expire on it's own or do i need to cancel myself I don't want to be charged for it I can't find any information on this subject if someone could please e-mail any info about this i would appreciate it coolbreezzet@aol.com put 90 day trial info in subject line thank you
    Monday, December 31, 2007 5:03 PM

Answers

• The Safety Scanner is the free web version that never expires. If you followed the link to install the trial of the full PC version of OneCare from http://onecare.live.com that is a 90 day trial and it will expire at the end of 90 days. In fact, you will start getting prompted to subscribe before then. If you activated the trial with a credit card using the subscribe link in OneCare, you now have a subscription and you will be charged immediately. If you did not subscribe, there is no charge to try OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:01 PM

All replies

• The Safety Scanner is the free web version that never expires. If you followed the link to install the trial of the full PC version of OneCare from http://onecare.live.com that is a 90 day trial and it will expire at the end of 90 days. In fact, you will start getting prompted to subscribe before then. If you activated the trial with a credit card using the subscribe link in OneCare, you now have a subscription and you will be charged immediately. If you did not subscribe, there is no charge to try OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:01 PM
  • Well I started out with the link to get the 90 day free trial, and thought that the credit card info, was just incase I didn't cancel in 90 days.   So are you telling me that there is no way to get that money refunded and get a free 90 day trial ?

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:45 PM
  •  kt2727 wrote:

Well I started out with the link to get the 90 day free trial, and thought that the credit card info, was just incase I didn't cancel in 90 days.   So are you telling me that there is no way to get that money refunded and get a free 90 day trial ?

You may be able to cancel the account by contacting support, and then uninstalling and reinstalling OneCare without activating. When the 90 days is almost up or the nags get to be annoying, subscribe once again. Verify with support, though, as it may not give you a full 90 days if it is installed to a PC where a subscription copy was running.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:32 AM