none
Asking credentials for windows authentication in asp.net web application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have developed intranet web application using VS 2010.we have hosted application in windows server 2008 r2 standard OS server has IIS 7.5. problem when i try to access the application its asking credentials and even if input out credentials, it will prompt credentials window for 3 times and getting error "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials". one more thing we observed that if we input administrator group user credentials its working. we don't want application to prompt for credentials. please help it bit urgent

Thanks in advance

kiran

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Friday, May 23, 2014 3:05 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because your issue is about ASP.NET Web Application development and running, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 23, 2014 3:04 AM