Composite Image Right/Left Side Brightness Altered RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using ICE to stitch around 200 pictures taken with a microscope to create a zoomable composite image of some samples. The samples move on an x-y translation table below the microscope. ICE does a great job of stitching everything seamlessly, although, some of the composite images have the brightness altered such that it becomes very bright on the left side and very dark on the right. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This doesn't happen every time, but many of them have this issue.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have the same issue, did you (or anyone) figure out a solution? I saw this related post (https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2eceaf7e-157b-464a-9887-c89cd7c8b291/brigthness-problems?forum=ice) but it seems to be valid for matlab images.

Thanks.

Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:35 PM
  • Hi federicofacc,

I implemented my solution in matlab because that is the language I was using to create panoramas using ICE.  You can however implement it in any software you like.  The key point is that you must apply vignetting correction yourself, it doesn't matter how you apply it, just that you do it.  The reason for this is due to a bug in the built in ICE vignette correction.  I'm sure this could be fixed by MS, but ICE is now abandoned, so I don't think they're likely to fix it soon.

Monday, May 15, 2017 9:33 PM