WHS not sharing with wireless windows 7 laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this has already been answered in the forum, but I did not find it.  I recently added a WHS and everything is going good, expect that I can't access the shared folders from my laptop.  Based on other suggestions here, I have changed the host file and added 192.168.0.100 as SERVER and I can access the remote access by either the IP or SERVER.  It does see it in Windows explorer, but when I click on it, it can't access it.  When I click diagnose, and look at details it says The device or resource (SERVER) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".  I can access the shared files from the other computer that is connected via ethernet.  I can connect to http://192.168.0.100:55000 but can't to //server:55000  I have tried disabling the firewall and same thing.  What am I missing?
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 7:40 AM

All replies

• Could check and see if they are on the same WORKGROUP. Also whether the same username/password is set up on both systems
    Monday, June 7, 2010 9:07 PM
  • What happens if you connect your laptop to your network with a cable, instead of wirelessly?

If your wireless laptop can't access your server, but wired computers can, I would look to see if your wireless access point or wireless router is segmenting your network, or otherwise interfering with the free flow of data.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 1:12 AM