MOS 2007 certification, RRS feed

• Question

•  What is better: Certiprep (which seems to be only theory and options or MeasureUp in which the student does the exercises)?What would be the advantage of either one?

Certiprep costs more but includes Outlook which is not included in MeasureUp.

Thank you for your answer

Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Martha,

What's better is hard to say it's purely a personal opinion. Here's what i think of it. The certiprep tests are a bit more expensive but you do get the environment you will also get when you do the actual exam. Furthermore you do get a scorecard inidcating which areas need training before you take the exam. This is categorized in different areas. So if i had to spent money on preps i would go for the certipreps. Sure MeasureUp is less expensive but is slightly different in their approach. It's not less good as certiprep it's just different but here's where the peronal taste comes to the point.

If you are planning on taking a couple of MOS exams i'd say try one preparation with Certiprep and try one with MeasureUp and see what works best for you.

One tip: if you don't know the answers right away choose skip and not next. By choosing skip the question will come back when the final question has been answered and you are able to answer that skipped question as well.

Good luck on taking the exam

Maurice

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:06 PM
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Martha,

What's better is hard to say it's purely a personal opinion. Here's what i think of it. The certiprep tests are a bit more expensive but you do get the environment you will also get when you do the actual exam. Furthermore you do get a scorecard inidcating which areas need training before you take the exam. This is categorized in different areas. So if i had to spent money on preps i would go for the certipreps. Sure MeasureUp is less expensive but is slightly different in their approach. It's not less good as certiprep it's just different but here's where the peronal taste comes to the point.

If you are planning on taking a couple of MOS exams i'd say try one preparation with Certiprep and try one with MeasureUp and see what works best for you.

One tip: if you don't know the answers right away choose skip and not next. By choosing skip the question will come back when the final question has been answered and you are able to answer that skipped question as well.

Good luck on taking the exam

Maurice

Maurice
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:06 PM
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:58 AM
  • Maurice:

Thank you very much for your answer. Happens that I am studying to get my certifications in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Acces 2007. At the learning center they have MeasureUp which I feel confortable, but two nights ago I paid $5.00 to Certiprep to take the Assessment Test and it was so different and at the same token I thought that a combination of both exams would be more difficult but the student would have a better learning at the end. MeasureUp makes you to do the exercise right there whereas Certiprep gives you five possible answers. I would like to be able to pass any kind of test in Office.

Thank you again,

Saturday, November 20, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi Martha,

You have good points there. In that case go for MeasureUp because in the actual exams you don't get five possibilities to choose from. You get real live scenario's which you have to perform with the applications right in front of you. So it's sounds that MeasureUp does a better prep in that case.

For what it's worth a free tool called "Ribbon Hero" is actually a pretty good prep tool as well. It's meant to teach you how to tackle the various tasks but you can easily use this as a prep tool besides the actual prep test.

You get ribbonhero here: http://www.officelabs.com/ribbonhero

Good luck

Maurice

Maurice
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:54 PM