CRM workflow/process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an organization and then i have a child business unit. I need to prevent users from funning workflows/processes in the child business unit. Is this possible?

Best regards

Hilmar Gunnarsson

Friday, March 7, 2014 2:17 PM

All replies

• You could follow this procedure:

1. Select a security role.
    2. In your security role select the tab 'Customization'.
    3. Under 'Miscellaneous Privileges' clear option 'Execute Workflow Job'.
    4. Save and close the role.
    5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 for all roles (except the Administrator role)
    6. Create a new role named 'Execute Workflow Job'
    7. Assign this role to all users that must be able to execute workflow jobs.

You can, of course, follow various approaches here, e.g. you can also create businessunit level roles and assign these to the users of your business unit.

If this post is an answer or helpful, please do not forget to vote!

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Do you really want that these users never run any workflows? And that no actions they take can ever cause a workflow to run, even if it is one you have activated and expect to run for everyone?

If you want to prevent them creating workflows, or running on-demand workflows, then you can make the following changes to their security roles:
    On the Customization tab, clear the "Create" privilege for the "Process" entity so they can no longer create any new processes (eg Workflow, Dialog etc)

Also clear the "Read" privilege on Process - this will prevent them reading a list of processes and therefore they cannot run them on demand. However, triggered workflows will still run just the same.

If they should run no workflows at all, followHenk's suggestion.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Saturday, March 8, 2014 4:46 PM