Certificate Request Denied by CA Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gurus - I've created a certificate using Certificate Wizard but upon completion it says;

Quote:

Certificate Wizard completed with failures

The request was submitted to the Certification Authority successfully.

However, the request was denied by the CA Administrator.

Unquote:

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
    Monday, July 23, 2007 7:55 PM

Answers

• Go to Administrative Tools\Certification Authority.  Open the properties of your CA and go to the Policy Module tab.  Click the Properties button and change the selection to "Set the certificate request status to pending..."

Now restart the CA and request the cert again.  This time it should appear in the Pending Requests area of your CA.  Issue the certificate and then re-run the cert wizard in OCS to grab the newly issued cert.

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:37 PM

All replies

• Go to Administrative Tools\Certification Authority.  Open the properties of your CA and go to the Policy Module tab.  Click the Properties button and change the selection to "Set the certificate request status to pending..."

Now restart the CA and request the cert again.  This time it should appear in the Pending Requests area of your CA.  Issue the certificate and then re-run the cert wizard in OCS to grab the newly issued cert.

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:37 PM
  • Now, I m getting following error;

"The requested certificate template is not supported by this CA. 0X80094800(-2146875392). Denied by Policy Module 0x80094800.

The request was for a service template that is not supported by Certificate Service Policy: Web Server.

I'm still not able to see the certificate in pending certificates.

Please advise.

Monday, July 23, 2007 11:38 PM
  •  

Is your CA 2003 Ent or STD?
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 1:32 PM