How to find (or define) searchable fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

all searches in CRM 4.0 seem to provide no results. Specifically I am testing cases, under Search for Keyword in cases I will enter a keyword but no results are returned.

How can I find out what fields are being searched and is it possible to change the fields queried by CRM? I am trying this for cases right now but will assume the answer will be same for other parts of CRM too.

Thanks

Sal
    Monday, March 2, 2009 12:34 AM

Answers

• For lookups, you can adjust and view the fields being searched on by going to Settings-Customization-Customize Entities-'Entity Name'-Forms and Views-'Entity' Lookup View.

On this form for will see on the right 'Add Find Columns'. This is where the fields used are defined. Remember to publish if you do change the settings and also remember that the lookups accept the '*' wildcard if you still continue to have trouble.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sal O. _ Monday, March 2, 2009 2:16 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16 AM

All replies

• You can go to Settings, Customization, Customize Entities, Cases

Select Forms and Views
    Select Case Lookup View
    Select Add Find Columns

You can also do the same for Quick Find Active Cases

Be careful what you add as you don't want to add large text fields that will take a long time to query and possibly cause locks on the db.

Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:15 AM
  • For lookups, you can adjust and view the fields being searched on by going to Settings-Customization-Customize Entities-'Entity Name'-Forms and Views-'Entity' Lookup View.

On this form for will see on the right 'Add Find Columns'. This is where the fields used are defined. Remember to publish if you do change the settings and also remember that the lookups accept the '*' wildcard if you still continue to have trouble.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sal O. _ Monday, March 2, 2009 2:16 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16 AM