none
MapPoint Question regarding radius RRS feed

• Question

• Let me begin with my needs and what I am using this data for and maybe someone can help me.

First, my customer base was uploaded and each one had to be manually adjusted with a 10 mile radius of 'protected territory'.

Next to each one of the 'red dots' of protected territory, there is a box that says '10.0 mi'.  I don't want to see this box.  It does not give me a clear picture of my data.  Can this box be removed?

Next, when I take the mouse and hover over a red dot, I would like to see the customer information to be displayed, but only when the mouse hovers over it.

I have uploaded additional information to this map to show where new potential business is and have given them some criteria and changed the pin colors.  I would like this customer information to show up when the mouse hovers over that pin.

Currently I am using the trial version and want to know if this is all available in the paid version or not. We are looking to purchase right way, but need to know if these items are available.

Thanks,

Regina

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:07 PM

All replies

• Mouse hover: No - the trial version is fully functional.  (it might be possible to do something like this with custom programming but I think it would slow things down)

It should be possible to disable the distance display on shapes such as the radius circle. Try selecting the shape and right-clicking. The option should be on the menu.

Alternative, you could draw an ellipse rather than a radius circle. This will not draw the radius line, but you will have to take care to make sure the ellipse is a true circle (and not flattened/stretched).

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:01 PM