Cannot connect to SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• I have SQL 2005 Developer Edition with SP3 installed on my system.  I have McAfee Firewall protection running.  I can connect to db, SSIS and SSRS but not SSAS.  SQL Server Browser is running, Both are logged on as Local System.  I have tried all combinations of Logged On account.  This is on a laptop.  PS:  I would uninstall and re-install, but my CD/DVD has died :(  My suspicion is this has something to do with the port, but I don't know how to ensure the port is open.  I had a portion of the SQL Server 2008 installed (automatically) with Visual Studio 2008, and have uninstalled the SQL 2008 components based on some advice on another forum.  I used Windows Integrated Security and I am logged on and a member of the Administrator's group.  It is really critical that I get this working since I'm involved in creating an OLAP db.  I hope this is the correct forum - I seldom post and am not entirely up to speed with MS forum usage.

I Receive the following Error Message when trying to connect in the SSMS or in Surface Configuration:

TITLE: Connect to Server
    ------------------------------

Cannot connect to D7NSJK71\TOMC2005.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2382 (System)

BUTTONS:

OK

Tom Currier
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Tom,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'Microsoft Developer Network > SQL Server Forums > SQL Server Integration Services' located here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/threads

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Friday, September 4, 2009 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:19 PM