Why is 70-643 and 70-647 not listed ? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi, IS.

Simply stated, these two exams are not slated for retirement yet.

You can still pass these two exams to help you earn the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 title:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/windows-server-certification.aspx#item-ID0EEAAAACBA

Besides, if they were listed, they would be under a Windows Server category - not Windows. See Retired exams section in your picture.

Have you seen a web page on Microsoft Learning that said they are retiring? Please reply with the link(s). I can help by telling Microsoft about them.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:08 PM
    Answerer
  • I was trying to find someplace I could ask and get an accurate answer.  

Initially both this site and Prometric declared January 31, 2014 to be the end date (that was on the MS website, but even after it changed) when I could schedule either of these exams beyond it (that answered it for me before it was confirmed).  

I thought maybe poor communication/updates from Microsoft or an NDA was running interference.  Or even strategic incompetence, e.g. MS withholds the information then blames it on subordinates why it wasn't released.  More people rushing to finish by a deadline might mean more failed tests.  More fails means more re-takes.  More revenue. Cynical ?

Right now 8 weeks is the maximum amount of time you can check for an open slot on Prometric's site (or perhaps it is limited by the particular location, I didn't try them all).  

On Thursday evening I should be able to 'pretend' schedule an exam on August 1st in the Prometric system.  That only tells me that the expiration is beyond July 31st.  After such declarations of expiration dates in the past "No, we mean it this time". 

I do not want to make assumptions.   
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:04 PM
  • Friday, June 6, 2014 1:09 PM