Add Contact to Marketing List error: CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so I am trying to add a Contact I am the owner of to a Marketing list that is owned by a team I am a member of.  Both the Team and I have global append and append to access, and BU read/write to Contacts and Marketing lists (everything in here is the same BU).

I am getting a permissions error when trying to add the aforementioned contact I own to the marketing list the Team owns.  It says it's permissions, and then gives me this detailed error log:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #2B527FE8Detail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #2B527FE8</Message>
      <Timestamp>2012-06-13T20:51:31.0615506Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147220969</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>team With Id = 457e7905-e521-e111-802d-005056b46ede Does Not Exist</Message>
        <Timestamp>2012-06-13T20:51:31.0615506Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

I can't figure out what permission I'm missing to attach the two together. Any suggestions?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Looks like it was a product issue. Please see the first item in the list of resolved issues in UR 10.

Regards,

Mayank

• Proposed as answer by MayankAgrawal Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:00 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Wayne,

The inner exception message seems to imply that the team does not exist, which makes me wonder - are you trying this in Outlook in Offline mode, or in Outlook Online/Web Client?  If the former, this could be because the Team hasn't been synced to the Offline database, so it can't check to see if you're part of it.

Thanks,
    David

Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:14 AM
  • Nope, this is strictly the web client.  I'm sure it's something to do with permissions, because anyone listed as admin can add contacts to that MArketing List just fine.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Wayne, did you ever find a resolution for this?  I'm having the same issue with one of my users.

He's getting the error when he tries to add Accounts which he is the owner of as members to a Marketing list which is owned by a team he is a member of.  He can add other accounts that he does not own to the list without any error.  This happens for him in the web client as well as the Outlook client (with offline mode disabled.)

To add even more confusion to this; another user, in the same teams, same security roles, and same business unit doesn't receive the error at all adding Accounts he owns as well as ones he doesn't own as members to the same list.

- Jon

Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Looks like it was a product issue. Please see the first item in the list of resolved issues in UR 10.

Regards,

Mayank

• Proposed as answer by MayankAgrawal Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:00 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:06 PM
  • Ooh, good catch.  I was just reading through the UR10 updates so I could make update recommendations to my clients.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:01 PM