change the ribbon tab name RRS feed

• Question

• hello guys i want to change the Add tab name if it possible help me some solution

ms crm

• Edited by Reddy A Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:54 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Chandam,

By far the easiest way would be to install the Ribbon Workbench for CRM 2011 (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx) and follow these steps:

1. Add the entity you wish to change the name of the tab on to a solution

2. Open the ribbon workbench and select the solution

3. Select the entity you want to customise

4. Select 'Form' on the top right hand drop down

5. Right click on the 'Add' tab and select 'Customise'

6. In the right hand Properties panel, modify the Title Text to be what you neeed

7. Click 'Publish Solution'

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• hello vikram i also searched on the same url but i do not get any tag with add name to edit it in customization.xml file i try the same one but it not getting to me do  you have any other solution regarding this issue.

the main thing is am not able to identify the tag is my customization.xml file.

ms crm

• Edited by Reddy A Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:59 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:46 AM
  • 1. export existing ribbon xml using exprotribbonxml utility. that is available on crm 2011 sdk as on the following location:-

sdk\samplecode\cs\client\ribbon\exportribbonxml

2. Then Open the entity ribbon xml and find the tab and replace the name of the Add tab accordingly.

hope this helps...!

• Edited by _Vikram Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:34 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Hi Chandam,

By far the easiest way would be to install the Ribbon Workbench for CRM 2011 (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx) and follow these steps:

1. Add the entity you wish to change the name of the tab on to a solution

2. Open the ribbon workbench and select the solution

3. Select the entity you want to customise

4. Select 'Form' on the top right hand drop down

5. Right click on the 'Add' tab and select 'Customise'

6. In the right hand Properties panel, modify the Title Text to be what you neeed

7. Click 'Publish Solution'

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:36 AM
    Answerer
  • hello scott when i download the ribbon workbench am getting a solution ,its a tool or a solution,and am understanding what to do next with that solution can please explain some more.......

ms crm

• Edited by Reddy A Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:39 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 4:49 AM