Windows Genuine Advantage RRS feed

• Question

• Upon starting my PC today a message appeared stating that my Windows is not a genuine copy of XP. I have already sent for a complimentary copy of WGA and included the following.
    Counterfeit Report ( giving all the information required)
    The receipt I received with my PC ( Operating system already installed)
    The actual Windows XP disk
    A digital image of the disk
    To the best of my knowledge the operating system purchased by me was genuine. 
    I had no idea that it was not.
    I sent this report and the digital image of the disk on the following date: 22/03/06
    Please advise
    A worried customer
    Tommy Allen
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 5:36 PM

Answers

• TommyAllen:

I'm sorry for the delay you are having. Have you recieved an email confirming your order has been at least received? (Check junk-mail and spam mail boxes for an email from service@microsoft.com)

If not, I would suggest calling the local support center (numbers can be found all over www.microsoft.com) with your order number from the purchase page. They will be able to clarify things for you. I haven't recieved any active bugs that may determine why there is a delay.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Thursday, May 4, 2006 5:43 PM
  • I contacted the local support centre as you suggested (explaining my situation) and within a couple of days I received an e-mail telling me that a genuine copy of Windows XP Pro was on it's way to me.

Thank you all for you help.

A not so worried customer

TommyAllen

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:00 PM

All replies

• TommyAllen:

I'm sorry for the delay you are having. Have you recieved an email confirming your order has been at least received? (Check junk-mail and spam mail boxes for an email from service@microsoft.com)

If not, I would suggest calling the local support center (numbers can be found all over www.microsoft.com) with your order number from the purchase page. They will be able to clarify things for you. I haven't recieved any active bugs that may determine why there is a delay.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Thursday, May 4, 2006 5:43 PM
  • I contacted the local support centre as you suggested (explaining my situation) and within a couple of days I received an e-mail telling me that a genuine copy of Windows XP Pro was on it's way to me.

Thank you all for you help.

A not so worried customer

TommyAllen

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:00 PM