none
Multi/ QPI processor speed readings in Windows 7 RC. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Guys,

How do I put this nicely..?  Please ,please, please Fix this issue before Windows 7 goes "Gold". Here we are in the Release Candidate mode with still no fix to the CPU multi/QPI computations for correct CPU speeds in Windows. As you all know, The Intel Core i7 Extreme Edtion processors has a unlimited clock speed on the multi. Windows still uses the old FSB/QPI number to calculate the clock speeds of processors.  This does not work with the new adjustable multi-clock speed an end user can set his computer to. Windows 7 is a fine product. But if you guys don't fix this, and word gets out. I t could suffer a fate Vista did. Somebody please forward this post upstairs to somebody that can do something about this. I've written post since build 7000. and it hasn't been fixed yet, and I'm on build 7110 RC now.  Third party software should not have to be used to see the correct clock speeds of the CPU.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Robert
    Friday, May 1, 2009 6:33 PM

All replies

• How do I put this nicely..?  Please ,please, please Post in the correct forum. This one is for reporting bugs in the forum software itself.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, May 1, 2009 9:03 PM