Tune-up loses Photo gallery thumbnails! RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Photo Gallery in Vista keeps losing the thumbnail settings everytime tune-up runs... took me forever to figure out what was doing it! So, I un-checked the remove unneccessary files during tune-up and I no longer have this problem. Why does this happen? Microsoft should know not to erase these thumbnail settings - I have gigs of pics and it takes hours to rebuild them. Anyone else have this problem?

Bob

Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:20 AM

Answers

• I don't have the problem, but then I always turn off the setting to remove unnecessary files. You may want to see if running Disk Cleanup from the Start Menu in Windows and selecting the options for types of files to be cleaned up can help eliminate the problem. The options in a manual run of Disk Cleanup (Start/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup) are (or were the last time I checked) respected by the OneCare Tuneup execution of this.

I just ran it manually on this Vista box (2 weeks old, never ran cleanup before or looked at the options) and see that thumbnails are checked by default. Uncheck the thumbnails option, run the cleanup, and then see if this is respected by OneCare Tune-up. I believe it will be.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:23 PM