none
ETA for SyncToy 2.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Do you have an ETA for SyncToy 2.1 ? Also what key features will it include.

Thanks, George
    Monday, August 31, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

• We are targeting to have the next version of SyncToy (2.1) available by the end of this calendar year.  The main features include:

·         Fix for NAS corruption

·         Support for Sync Framework 2.0

·         Performance improvements

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:40 PM

All replies

• We are targeting to have the next version of SyncToy (2.1) available by the end of this calendar year.  The main features include:

·         Fix for NAS corruption

·         Support for Sync Framework 2.0

·         Performance improvements

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:40 PM
  • For what it's worth, I personally think the NAS corruption issue warrants more attention and and should be patched as quickly as possible, since it is, after all, a bug and potentially could cause a serious loss of important data -- especially for instance if SyncToy is being used to make backups -- something I believe is fairly common.

-Martin

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:49 PM
  • I completely agree with Martin. I am seriously hadicapped by not having SyncToy available to back up my laptop to my NAS. I am having to do backups "manually" (i.e., with file copy), which is dangerous as I am sure I occasionally miss a changed file. And, the process is tedious.

I cannot understand why Microsoft refuses to make SyncToy 1.2 available while they are fixing version 2.0. When Windows Vista was found to have serious problems, Microsoft extended the life of Windows XP and many OEMs provided a downgrade path. It seems that a similar approach should be taken for SyncToy.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 4:18 AM
  • It's here!
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52&DisplayLang=en#filelist
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:39 PM