CRM Import Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to import some contacts with a lookup to the account their part of, the actual import works fine but as we have Accounts that are inactive with the same name as Active ones the Wizard wont import them... therefore my question is how can I import but for it to only check active records for the lookups?

p.s without using the GUID which i know works but isnt feasbile due to the amount of them :)

Thanks
    Pete Moss
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Pete,

Here's a workaround.  If you have less then a couple thousands of these disabled accounts with a duplicate name, could you rename them?  You could do this with a manual workflow.
    a.  change status to enabled.
    b.  change 'name' to 'name' & ' duplicate'  (append the word duplicate after it)
    c.  change status back to disabled.

You can then run this workflow in batches of 250.

Option B would be to write a short sql updatestate to instantly rename them.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

Here's a workaround.  If you have less then a couple thousands of these disabled accounts with a duplicate name, could you rename them?  You could do this with a manual workflow.
    a.  change status to enabled.
    b.  change 'name' to 'name' & ' duplicate'  (append the word duplicate after it)
    c.  change status back to disabled.

You can then run this workflow in batches of 250.

Option B would be to write a short sql updatestate to instantly rename them.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Thanks Alex, I had a feeling that would be the answer. I dont really want to have to do that but if its the only way .....

Pete Moss
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:03 PM
  • So duplicate detection is a problem,  why not append a suffix to the name in the CSV file?

Monday, October 26, 2009 2:57 AM