CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 Install AsyncServiceAction Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i did a fresh install of CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 x64. Database resides on another WIndows Server 2008 x64 with SQL Server 2008 x64 installed.

So what i did so far was:

1.) Install SQL Server 2008 + Reporting Services with a normal domain account wich is local admin on the SQL machine.

I used three different service accounts (normal domain user) for the sql services.

Installed SP1 for SQL 2008

All was fine so far.

2.) Installed Prerequisites for CRM 4.0 on another 2008 Server x64.

Granted the needed rights for non admin installation of crm according to this post:
        http://grounding.co.za/blogs/trevor/archive/2008/06/17/permission-required-to-install-crm-4-0.aspx

Then installed CRM 4.0 with a normal domain user (non domain admin but admin on local machine). I chose Network Service for CRM Services and pointed the Reportserver Website to the one on the SQL-Server where i setup reporting services earlier. All checks where green now and setup started.

After a while setup suddenly stopped with an error.

Here is the output from CRMsetup.log:

Host LACRM1: failed while starting monitoring asynchronous operations queue. Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'NT-AUTORITÄT\ANONYMOUS-ANMELDUNG'.
    bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
    bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
    bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.Open()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadMetadataXmlFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType connectionType, String connectionString, Int32& maxBlobSize)
    bei Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
    bei Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName, String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions)
    bei Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName)
    bei Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.AsyncService.InitializeComponents()
    bei Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.AsyncService.OnStart(String[] args)

Basically the setup stops at "Action Microsoft.crm.setup.common.registerasyncserviceAction".

I noticed under the services-snapin that the CRM Async Service could not be started.

After aborting setup I tried to repair the installation but now not all checkups are green now, i get a warning like this:

"Remoteserver ourcrmwebsite:5555 returned error 500"

I proceeded with installation but it stucks at the same point when trying to registerasyncserviceAction with the same error message.

I also noticed that when doing the installation or a repair installation event error 18456 is logged on the SQL-Server:

Login Failed for User NT-Authorität\ANONYMOUS-ANMELDUNG. Error 18456, Severity: 14 Status: 11

So i need to know how to resolve this error.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas.

A was the same error with SQL Server 2008.  It's fix when I reinstall SQL 2K8 using NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account for SQL Services.
    If you can't do this, maybe you can try set the SPN for your Services Accounts.

Regards

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:03 PM

All replies

• the user used for the installation,give it elevated rights on the domain and re-try the instllation.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:39 AM
  • What do you mean by elevated rights? Domain Administrator?

I want to avoid using a domain administrator. What rights do i need in Active Directory and why?

I already created a special OU with delegated rights as mentioned here:
    http://grounding.co.za/blogs/trevor/archive/2008/06/17/permission-required-to-install-crm-4-0.aspx

Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:05 AM
  • Any Ideas someone?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Hi Thomas.

A was the same error with SQL Server 2008.  It's fix when I reinstall SQL 2K8 using NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account for SQL Services.
    If you can't do this, maybe you can try set the SPN for your Services Accounts.

Regards

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:03 PM