VB crashes when I try to select COM objects for the Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I hope you can help. I'm getting the following error as above.

Unhandled exception at 0x772BB872 (KernelBase.dll) in devenv.exe: 0xC000041D: An unhandled exception was encountered during a user callback. occurred

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the error persists. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Kind regards

• Moved by Bob Ding Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:44 AM
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After reading your description, you didn't go into detail on what you are doing about WPF.

It seems that you have an issue about Visual Studio, we need more details such as :

what COM component do you use?

what version of Visual Studio do you use?

Detail steps which can help us reproduce your issue.

>>I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the error persists.

What you are trying to uninstall and reinstall ? Visual studio or your COM component ?

If your question is about your COM component, I suggest you check the COM component First?

If this COM component is from your vendor , Please ask for vendor.

Yours sincerely,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 20, 2017 1:40 AM
  • Hi Bob

I'm not getting to the point where I can select a COM object. When I click on the COM tab I don't get a list of COM objects the system crashes with the above error. I've uninstalled and delete the various setup folders then reinstalled but it doesn't help?

Kind regards

Bill

Friday, October 20, 2017 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

>>I've uninstalled and delete the various setup folders then reinstalled but it doesn't help?

You uninstalled and reinstalled what ?Visual Studio or program?

It seems your issue is more related Visual Studio, If yes, consider query on Visual Studio forum:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

If you ask about the DLL provided by the vendor,, I sure you have to ask the  vendor for help.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:58 AM