Video Conference Disconnect over VPN RRS feed

• Question

•  

We currently have OCS standard edition with no edge server.  Video Conferencing works fine between 2 people in the office and also between 2 people working from home over VPN. 

Our problem is with  video conferencing between someone in the office and someone at home over VPN.  After about 5 seconds the call disconnects.  The person at home can see and hear me for about 5 seconds before it disconnects.  I do not see or hear the person at all before it disconnects.  IM and presence works fine for everyone. 

The error in the event log shows Ms-client-diagnostics: 52031; reason="Call terminated on media connectivity failure" .

After checking our firewall log I found out that my computer was trying to communicate with the home user with his private IP address of 192.168.X.X and not his corporate VPN address of 10.X.X.X.  Our firewall of course blocks that address because it is not routable. 

Looking at the Communicator tracing log I see both his private home IP address and his corporate VPN address in various places. 

Does anybody have a clue to what is going on here.  Why is it using the users private IP address?  Why would it work with a VPN to VPN connection and not Office to VPN?  How do I get my calls to not disconnect?

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:34 PM

All replies