none
UI issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experiencing a strange problem with SyncToy 2.0 -- its UI has never displayed correctly.  Unfortunately I can't paste a screenshot here, but I'd describe it by saying that elements on the UI are displayed in a misaligned fashion, with incorrect background colours (e.g., text labels have a white background colour even though they're in a generally blue UI area).

Has anyone else encountered this?  How can I fix it?

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:53 AM

All replies

• I just installed SyncToy 2.0 and am experiencing the same problem

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1, v.668 (build 6001)

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N32-E SLI PLUS 1.XX

2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB memory

Radeon X1950 Pro [Display adapter]

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:51 PM
  • I have the same problem with Sync Framework v1.0 CTP2 and Sync Toy v2.0 Beta. This was my first app used to get a feel for SQL Server Compact 3.5. Sadly, it is easy to discount the SyncToy app, the framework, or the entire suite as flaky when such a basic UI element goes wonky.

To reproduce, use Windows Classic Theme (including classic color and buttons with normal font), set display at 1024x768 @ 32bit. Then set Display Properties | Settings | Advanced | General Tab | DPI to Large (125% of normal). A reboot is required to reproduce the issue. Changing back to 96 DPI (100% of normal) and rebooting fixes the problem.

I don't think this will be fixed by SyncToy. Leaving DPI at 100% and adjusting fonts or themes to achieve similar readibility effect is a workaround.

UI issues aside, the SyncToy 2.0 File Synchronization tool works real well for me. Nice job under the hood.
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 1:21 PM