Will CRM 3 work with SQL express? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am currently considering implementing MS CRM 3, and need to know if it will work with SQL express as the DB server?

I have never used the "Express" version so am unsure of this.

TIA

*edit*

I am hoping to install this on Server 2003 SBS

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:32 AM

Answers

• For completeness, SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition is also supported, though it isn't in the implementation guide - this is becasue they needed this support from CRM3.0 on SBS 2003 R2, which can out after the implementation guide

If installing SBS, to use the Small Business Edition you need SBS PRemium Edition, which includes SQL Server

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:04 AM

All replies

• Philis,

According to the implementation guide, only Enterprise or Standard editions are supported.

Alex

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:53 AM
  • For completeness, SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition is also supported, though it isn't in the implementation guide - this is becasue they needed this support from CRM3.0 on SBS 2003 R2, which can out after the implementation guide

If installing SBS, to use the Small Business Edition you need SBS PRemium Edition, which includes SQL Server

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:04 AM
  • Hi David,

You write, that SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition is also supported - but when I try Install CRM 3.0 SBS in the SBS 2003 R2 Premium, I receive error message , that SQL 2005 WE is not supported, only Standard. I receive one information, that is problem with the installation files - exist any other version, which I have in our MAPS CDs.
    Is problem only with the installation files ? Where is possible found this ? - can I receive this by MAPS ?

Thanks Jaro

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:46 AM
  • This document may help you:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en

If the URL doesn't worl, browse to www.microsoft.com/downloads and enter SBS R2 CRM as the search terms. This should produce a list results with the document that I'm referring to.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:16 AM
  • hi
    We deployed CRM3 with SQL express and it is working.
    Monday, December 31, 2007 2:12 PM