Windows Live Messenger problem(s) contacts + nickname RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, My name is Glenn and i'm having a some difficult issues the last few days with Windows Live Messenger, to start ; I'm dutch and my english isn't great, i hope you can help me though :P

Here's the situation ; I can't add contacts ! I've tried several ways, googled for days, tried to find a solution but nope, nothing. I'm running Windows Vista, i've tried reinstalling it for over 10 times, tried to delete everything from windows live messenger, did system recovery, etc etc. Whenever i try to add a contact it says "service is unavailable" Good to know is that whenever i log in on msn, change my nickname, log out, and when i log in, it's my old nickname again !

I'm really sorry for my bad english :D

I'm also really sorry if this is in the bad forums xD

~Glenn
    • Moved by Jason A. Garza Friday, July 24, 2009 5:41 PM Post not related to my.live.com (From:My.Live.com Personalized Page Suggestions and Feedback)
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question you are asking so I would recommend

that please post your question to one of the newsgroups "Discussions in microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger"

located here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger&mid=3b8e3462-20e1-449e-8706-a235027268fe

Have a great day!!!!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:42 PM
  • Hello I joined membership - partnership recently, should have years ago

I have never used Windows Live Messenger

Decided to try it out, all I get is 100% Middle East persons!

I ONLY want USA/Americans, because we have 15 Defense Systems to help slow down/stop Terrorists

Need to know how to change my Windows Live Messenger ONLY receives USA Americans

Thank you, Marshall Shield

Founder President/CEO

My Shield Corp

My Family Shield

Fantasia Productions

Windows Live Messenger

Marshall F. Shield CEO/Chairman Founder*Principle My Shield Corp, My Family Shield NPO & Fantasia Productions corp@myshield.us Hiring thousands after we start!
    Monday, January 17, 2011 5:47 AM