Linux Environment RRS feed

• Question

• There is any possibility to implent OCS 2007 in a Linux Environment? Like, no domain controller, no AD? With only a VPN connection between the client and the OCS server?

There is anything that I could do to minimize the cost of changing all environment linux to windows?

The client wants only the videoconferency feature...

tks

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:34 PM

Answers

• That's understandable.  For such a small amount of users I would either find a good desktop machine or virtualize a single server containing a domain controller and OCS Standard Edition.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:15 PM

All replies

• It's not possible to run OCS without AD.  I'd recommend looking at virtualization, though be aware that the support boundary on that is planned to be 100 users.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:17 PM
  • I've imagined that... the problem is that the network has only 11 users... will be dificult to convice the client  to implement an AD only for that.. Tks for your help anyway... I will look for virtualization to solve this!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:38 PM
  • That's understandable.  For such a small amount of users I would either find a good desktop machine or virtualize a single server containing a domain controller and OCS Standard Edition.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:15 PM
  • I will try this solution!

tks!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:45 PM