Rename RBS - Considerations RRS feed

• Question

• When there is restructuring in your organization ... I want to be sure I'm considering the pros/cons of renaming part of the RBS vs. adding a new "department".

Example:

Format is Company.Department.Team Leader.Team Member

MyCompany.Support.TeamLeader.TeamMember needs to change to MyCompany.Software Support.TeamLeader.Team Member - is this ok to rename Support to Software Support?

Things I should think about?  Thank you.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can rename whatever you want. Moreover, you can intend, outtend and move. Just make sure, that you are not changing anything by deleting a line and re-entering. Behind each line, there is a unique identifier. And this identifier is linked to a resource. So while just renaming and changing position using buttons in user interface, this identifier is kept and RBS value will be updated for each resource accordingly.

Hope that helps
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can rename whatever you want. Moreover, you can intend, outtend and move. Just make sure, that you are not changing anything by deleting a line and re-entering. Behind each line, there is a unique identifier. And this identifier is linked to a resource. So while just renaming and changing position using buttons in user interface, this identifier is kept and RBS value will be updated for each resource accordingly.

Hope that helps
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:58 AM
  • Thanks Barbara -

I am aware of the unique identifier with tasks, assignments and resources - but good to have the reminder for RBS as well.

Sheryl

Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:49 AM