Explain lost points RRS feed

• Question

• Please explain why I lost 20 points on Sep. 2

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi David, please see the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#Can_I_lose_points

There are a few ways to lose points.  One of the more common ways is if one of your questions was initially marked as answer, then later unmarked as answer.  In this case, you would have gained points, then later lost the same amount.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Oliver MichalskiEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:25 PM
    Monday, September 3, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Please explain why I lost 20 points on Sep. 2

• Merged by Hasham Niaz Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:33 AM Similar thread
    Monday, September 3, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Thanks. I actually read the link that you provided. It must have been:

"Your forum post that was marked as an answer when contributed in less than 8 hours was removed by the original question asker." -20 points

Still, it does not look good if the reason for losing points is not specifically recorded.

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:53 PM
  • Hello David,

you can request features here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4703.feature-requests-for-technet-and-msdn-profiles-and-social-platform-tools.aspx

Looks like noone asked for including unmark activity in the profile yet.

Florian

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Oliver MichalskiEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Actually, there were requests to show the 'Unmarked' activity, but they were denied for good reasons.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:37 PM