Security Center doesn't recognize any antivirus programs RRS feed

• Question

•  

After installation of Windows Live One Care, I can see that the Firewall is turned on, also Windows Defender doesn't monitor the system, but my Security Center doesn't recognize any antivirus program. Do I have to install some additional antivirus program, or it is some other kind of error.
    Friday, December 7, 2007 9:05 AM

Answers

• See this post for help in repairing the WMI database used by the Windows Security Center.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2469173&SiteID=2

Windows Defender is disabled by OneCare as the protection it affords is included in OneCare. The Windows Firewall is also disabled by OneCare and the OneCare firewall takes over.

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 7:00 PM
  • I understood the problem. The cause of the problem is that the Windows Security Center is mis-reporting the status of protection on your PC because of a problem with the WMI database. The fix is in the FAQ post I provided a link to. You can also choose to disable the monitoring of Defender, Antivirus and Firewall by the Windows Security Center by selecting to "Change the way security Center warns me" and the problem will go away. With OneCare installed - it will notify you if there is a problem with any of its services.

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 2:16 AM

All replies

• See this post for help in repairing the WMI database used by the Windows Security Center.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2469173&SiteID=2

Windows Defender is disabled by OneCare as the protection it affords is included in OneCare. The Windows Firewall is also disabled by OneCare and the OneCare firewall takes over.

-steve

Friday, December 7, 2007 7:00 PM
  • Thanks, Steve! But,.. my point was on Security center, or to be more precise, the Malware protection section, which tell's me that no antivir is installed, and is marked with red color. I get a offer to see available options, which takes me to download section on MS web site. So, when I tried to install one of the antivir programs, Windows Live One Care didn't let me to.

This is my question:

- What to do with this red marking, and constant warnings on taskbar section (notification area) that I should check security status of my computer?

Thanks, man!

Friday, December 7, 2007 8:11 PM
  • I understood the problem. The cause of the problem is that the Windows Security Center is mis-reporting the status of protection on your PC because of a problem with the WMI database. The fix is in the FAQ post I provided a link to. You can also choose to disable the monitoring of Defender, Antivirus and Firewall by the Windows Security Center by selecting to "Change the way security Center warns me" and the problem will go away. With OneCare installed - it will notify you if there is a problem with any of its services.

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 2:16 AM
  • Well, that's an answer. Thank you, Steve!

My regards.

Saturday, December 8, 2007 11:11 AM
  • I have a trjen that took over my computer it says hijacked I want to get rid of it, but my server telus won't give me any support Help please

Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:54 PM
  • If am not mistaken you are in the canadian territory since you are using telus,

alright call this number 866 727 2338 Microsoft Security ( Toll Free and Free Support )

If you are using Windows Live Onecare i would advise you to seek support via the link above previously posted

Saturday, December 8, 2007 6:19 PM