Services.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code 128 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure where to post this. I've looked through all the forums.  I don't expect answer here if not allowed.. just a pointing into the right forum.

A program that i use on one of my servers at work wasn't running correctly this morning. (Cruise control). I remoted in to find this:

================================================================================
    System Shutdown

The system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off.  Any unsaved changes will be lost.  This shutdown was initated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM.. Shutdown will begin in 45 seconds. Shutdown message: The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe' terminiated unexpectedly with a status code 128.. The system will now shut and restart..
    ================================================================================
    Everything i could find online references windows 2000 butr i know that's not what the OS is.  My OS is Win2003.

It does make similar references to shares in the registry, lik ethe last unexpected shutdown I had...

Any ideas? It's up and running now, but this is the 2nd time with a similar message..

thanks!!!!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:07 PM

Answers