MSCRMKeyService RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having an error when saving contacts on CRM... On event viewer, I've this warning message! but it's not from the same time when I've saved that contact! 

The description for Event ID ( 18960 ) in Source ( MSCRMKeyService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: CrmWRPCTokenKey; 55c50b9b-16dc-dd11-a9f3-00215ad1d1b0; 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

I've also noticed that those errors only appear on imported contacts. if i try to create one brand new contact and save it it doesn't appear any error... even when i edit it again!

Any ideia!?

Thanks
    Mario Moreira
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:18 PM

Answers

• Take a look at the SDK if you want to design an import process and follow the design guidelines.  That will ensure the process meets CRM requirements.  Here is the link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb928212.aspx

Importing records is important as those records are going to be the heart of CRM for the user.  If you don't follow the CRM requirementst for importing records, you will have issues downstream.  Another option is to look at Scribe software which is a reasonably priced integration solution.  Using the Scribe software will ensure that records are imported correctly.

Best of Luck

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:36 PM

All replies

• download the diag tool, turn dev errors on, recreate the error and see if you get a better error message. 

http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

It sounds like something went wrong during the import.  What tool did you use to import the Contacts?

Friday, January 16, 2009 4:44 PM
  • Hello Donna,

I fixed the error, something went wrong with import! so now i can save contacts... after re import everything again!(I was missing the addresses) And has i wasn't respecting the Referential Integraty between Contacts And Accounts it has triggering an error! Smile

I'm using Integration Services to import Data To CRM... and I've cleaned AddressBase when i shouldn't! now with the correct workflow i can proceed with testing!

But I'm sure that the MSCRMKeyService will still be every day at eventviewer! Because, the Guids for those contacts., accounts, addresses, leads that i'm importing, among other stuff are being generated by a NEWID() in the Sql statement! and i suppose (i really think that is the problem it might be stupid but i think it's this) the ID generate by NEWID () (Sql statement) has not the same pattern of the GUID that it's generated By CRM.. it looks like CRM uses some pattern to the KEYS aka GUIDS... I'm still digging around to see what i can do about it! but this is the only way to import data with this client! he has Millions of information to import! if it was to import it all by CRM technique i would be in this project until the end of the year!

Any ideia how to figure that pattern!?

cheers
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Take a look at the SDK if you want to design an import process and follow the design guidelines.  That will ensure the process meets CRM requirements.  Here is the link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb928212.aspx

Importing records is important as those records are going to be the heart of CRM for the user.  If you don't follow the CRM requirementst for importing records, you will have issues downstream.  Another option is to look at Scribe software which is a reasonably priced integration solution.  Using the Scribe software will ensure that records are imported correctly.

Best of Luck

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:36 PM