Slow upload rate to WHS RRS feed

• Question

• On my local network my upload rate to my WHS is only around 150 kbs where as I can download at about 20 mbps. Also, I hooked up another computer on the same network in the same way and it is able to upload around 20 mbps also.

I already reset my router, restarted both computers, and reinstalled the WHS software on this computer but I am still having problems. Any suggestions?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 5:23 PM

All replies

• On my local network my upload rate to my WHS is only around 150 kbs where as I can download at about 20 mbps. Also, I hooked up another computer on the same network in the same way and it is able to upload around 20 mbps also.

I already reset my router, restarted both computers, and reinstalled the WHS software on this computer but I am still having problems. Any suggestions?
    You might try updating the NIC driver on the client that is experiencing the network slowdown.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:55 AM
  • Also try swapping the network cable and the port on the switch/router just in case something is damaged here (although you did say, you connected another computer the same way, so the reason may be a slightly corroded or disadjusted contact in the network adapter itself).
    May also be, that a virus scanner is involved, which reduces the speed due to the overhead needed for checking incoming stuff.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:28 AM