Beta Subscription Vs A paid SubScription RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was looking at Microsoft billing and comparing the Subscription end dates for the beta and my current one I was using up till I switched over are almost the same dates

WLOC Beta Subscription ends 8/2008 or 08/15/2008

My paid subscription ends 08/25/2008

I'm trying to figure out this is going to work both subscriptions are only few days apart.

Will the Beta subscription continue or will it be terminated when 2.0 releases or will it carry over???

What will happen to my paid subscription?

it's still ticking I see.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:57 AM

All replies

• Any Help or Info be nice

Thanks

Sunday, November 4, 2007 10:20 AM
  • The beta subscription will likely continue to "appear" as active for the duration in the Billing system. However, based on what happened after the release of 1.5, you will need to uninstall the 2.0 beta as the back end servers supporting it will be flushed some time after release, causing the beta code to stop working long before the beta subscription ends.

-steve

Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:51 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

The beta subscription will likely continue to "appear" as active for the duration in the Billing system. However, based on what happened after the release of 1.5, you will need to uninstall the 2.0 beta as the back end servers supporting it will be flushed some time after release, causing the beta code to stop working long before the beta subscription ends.

-steve

I kind of figure that,

I'm trying to figure out what'll happen to my exsisting paid keys when 2.0 comes out

Also thanks for moving my post to the propper thread .

Sunday, November 4, 2007 7:00 PM
  • Nothing should happen to your paid keys. If they have been used to activate subscriptions, they remain active and the LiveIDs that were used to initiate the subscriptions can then be used to activate OneCare production copies once 2.0 is released.

You're welcome on the move. I left the subject untouched, though I don't know what "Parrell" means. :-)

-steve

Sunday, November 4, 2007 7:25 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Nothing should happen to your paid keys. If they have been used to activate subscriptions, they remain active and the LiveIDs that were used to initiate the subscriptions can then be used to activate OneCare production copies once 2.0 is released.

You're welcome on the move. I left the subject untouched, though I don't know what "Parrell" means. :-)

-steve

Well my Beta sunscription mirrors my paid subscription they only end 4 days apart

My paid subscription runs out 4 days before the Beta one runs out. If the beta subscription gets killed because of the release  that'll answer my question I guess.

Monday, November 5, 2007 9:15 AM
  • The beta will not run out with the paid one as they live in different environments. :-)

-steve

Monday, November 5, 2007 6:33 PM