Running Workflow and Inactive records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Say I have workflow running on an entity, waiting for a field to contain data for example.  In the meantime, that record is made inactive.  What happens to the jobs that are waiting on that entity?  Do they sit there taking up resources?  Also, if there is a Timeout in the workflow to send an email to the customer, when that time elapses, would the email still be sent even though the record has been made Inactive?

Thanks

John

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

Yes - the workflow will carry on, and send the email even if the contact is de-activated.

I suggest you put a check to see if the status is 'Inactive' and stop the workflow before sending the email.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:44 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi John,

Yes - the workflow will carry on, and send the email even if the contact is de-activated.

I suggest you put a check to see if the status is 'Inactive' and stop the workflow before sending the email.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Scott.  I thought as much.  Some Parallel Wait branches should sort me out.
    Friday, June 22, 2012 1:23 PM