Advanced Find - Customer Info question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

CRM 4.0 installed in 2009.  I'm trying to gather some data that would show me how many customers I had in 2009 only and of those how many bought products from us in that year only as well.  Any thoughts?

Monday, August 1, 2011 1:47 PM

Answers

• Here is what I would do from the information you provided.

In the Account grid view, create an advanced find view with the Related Record Invoices (Customer) where Status Equals Paid and then add two modified on clauses where one is on or before 12/31/2009 and the other is on or after 1/1/2009.

That should give you a view that you can export to Excel, then use the Excel features to do a count of all the unique Account Names.

Do the same if you sell to Contacts.

To track the number of customers in total you will need to do a similar view but not do the modified on date filter but add some filter that selects only customers based on an attribute in the Account or Contact record.

Jerry
    CRM Innovation
    Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing?
    Follow me on Twitter

Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:02 PM

All replies

• Here is what I would do from the information you provided.

In the Account grid view, create an advanced find view with the Related Record Invoices (Customer) where Status Equals Paid and then add two modified on clauses where one is on or before 12/31/2009 and the other is on or after 1/1/2009.

That should give you a view that you can export to Excel, then use the Excel features to do a count of all the unique Account Names.

Do the same if you sell to Contacts.

To track the number of customers in total you will need to do a similar view but not do the modified on date filter but add some filter that selects only customers based on an attribute in the Account or Contact record.

Jerry
    CRM Innovation
    Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing?
    Follow me on Twitter

Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Got it, thanks!
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:57 PM