Power Pack 3 OEM Pre-Installation RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that WHS PP3 is now selling as an OEM pack in the stores. I have the OEM PP1 version with the OPK disk. I decided to updat my software and I have created a new install DVD by using the trial WHS PP3 and replacing the i386 files with my OEM PP1 i386 files. Works just fine. Have also updated XP/2003 drivers (Intel AHCI, Realtek LAN etc) with nlite. Have also updated the Vista drivers in the various boot.wim files for my WHS PP3 disk, client restore disk and "listener" boot disk with the Vista AIK. I have also integrated most updates, IE7 and .Net 3.5. All works just fine, get a lovely clean updated install with no driver problems except for when I try to pack it all up with sysprep....

The sysprep.cmd file that shipped with the PP1 OPK disk doesn't work with PP3 - hangs when trying to stop services. There is a new OPK disk and PP3 documentation available to OEM's for download, but I'm not an OEM and can't logon. I just want to make myself an updated quick rebuild file in case the PM hard disk fails. I have Technet access, but none of the OPK's at all are available via Technet. Can anybody help me with the new PP3 OPK documentation and the sysprep files from PP3 OEM release? Would be much appreciated.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 5:12 AM