A problem occurred while detecting blog settings

• Hi, I have the following error when i try to add a blog. (same thing with all of my blog).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same thing.

Unable to cast COM object of type 'mshtml.HTMLDocumentClass' to interface type 'mshtml.IHTMLDocument2'. This opration failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IDD '{332C4425-26CB-11D0-B483-00C04FD90119}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Since then when i go to services.msc i do not have the description of services and I have an error saying:

An error has occured in the script on this page
    line: 5
    char: 5
    error: Library not registered
    Code: 0
    URL: res//C:\Windows\system32\mmcndmgr.dll/views.js

UPDATE: i have registered the mmcndmgr.dll dll and i get back my description section in services mmc. but still not working for live writer

Blog Microsoft | Déployer Windows 7 | Améliorer les performances de Windows 7
    Friday, October 01, 2010 2:08 AM

All replies

• I was able to fix it while digging in the registry. some wrongs value for the interface.

Blog Microsoft | Déployer Windows 7 | Améliorer les performances de Windows 7
    Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:45 AM
  • just for reference...

This is an OLD forum for Windows Live Writer; Microsoft will be shutting it down soon [to be read only]... But...

There's a NEW forum, with more activity and more Microsoft techs working it. If you have questions/suggestions for Windows Live Writer, I suggest you go there and submit your inquiry there...

Here's the URL:

Monday, October 04, 2010 7:18 PM