Activation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I installed and activated One Care on this PC.  I installed it on a 2nd PC and when I tried to activate it, although I signed in using my email address and password, it was activated as a trial subscription on the 2nd PC.  Although I followed your instructions carefully I am unable to associate the 2nd PC with my subscription.  The trial subscription runs out in two days.  Either you help me solve this or I will have to buy a copy of your competitors software to protect my 2nd PC.  The problem is not the installation, its the adding it to my "circle" of computers.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:39 AM

Answers

• When you say you used your email and password on the 2nd PC, do you mean that you used the same email (LiveID) and password to activate/subscribe? It sounds to me as if you did not actually perform the activation if it comes back as a trial. The activation process should have accepted your sign-in, validated your subscription, and then provided a confirmation message that you had activated.

If you completed that process and the copy on the 2nd PC did not update the status, I would recommend activating again, or uninstalling and reinstalling on PC number 2. Verify that it is the same LiveID by going to PC number 1 and clicking Help/About to see your subscription ID.

If you need help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:34 PM