none
Remote Access to Window 7 Host RRS feed

• Question

1. I've used Internet Explorer 8 to go to your homeserver.com domain (https://yourdomain.homeserver.com
    2. I login to  the Windows Home Server website successfully and can see all my shared folders but I'm having problems with computer remote access
    3. Once I'm logged in to the website, I see the Computers tab, I click it and see the one computer that is available for remote access, a windows 7 machine running rc 7100
    4. I click on this machine and receive a message saying to load the add-on MS Terminal services Client control or MS RDP Client control
    5. I cannot find either of these add-ons when I search the Add-ons Gallery
    Monday, August 3, 2009 10:36 PM

Answers

• Yup....  it was something else..

I was using an AVG security add-on and it blocked a message to allow "Terminal Service ActiveX Client" from running.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the original error message? But who cares because problem solved... thanx for your help
    • Marked as answer by blakin49 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:23 AM

All replies

1. I've used Internet Explorer 8 to go to your homeserver.com domain (https://yourdomain.homeserver.com
    2. I login to  the Windows Home Server website successfully and can see all my shared folders but I'm having problems with computer remote access
    3. Once I'm logged in to the website, I see the Computers tab, I click it and see the one computer that is available for remote access, a windows 7 machine running rc 7100
    4. I click on this machine and receive a message saying to load the add-on MS Terminal services Client control or MS RDP Client control
    5. I cannot find either of these add-ons when I search the Add-ons Gallery

What operating system are you using to access your Remote Access website?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:36 AM
  • Vista Home Premiom  Service Pack 1
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:41 AM
  • Have you enabled "Allow remote access connections" on the win7 machine?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Yup....  it was something else..

I was using an AVG security add-on and it blocked a message to allow "Terminal Service ActiveX Client" from running.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the original error message? But who cares because problem solved... thanx for your help
    • Marked as answer by blakin49 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:23 AM