Need Password Help Money 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• My computer decided to erase the saved password on the money '06 start page. Of course I don't remember it!! I don't do any online banking or transfers of info with MS money. Just use it as recordkeeping. Any help out there to recover or get around this to get to my money account file??
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• Things could differ based on whether you are talking about a conventional password vs a Microsoft Live ID (looks like an email address).

You could do a search on these words: password recovery Money.

One from elcomsoft used to have a free version that would provide the first two characters, which could serve to jog your memory.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:58 PM
  • I KNOW my password but my microsoft money version 2004 erased it somehow and now says I don't have the correct one.  I know that sounds totally strange but that is what happened.  I KNOW I have the correct password.  I used it every week for the past 8 years or more and always type it in.  Is there ANY HELP on this?
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:42 PM
  • I KNOW my password but my microsoft money version 2004 erased it somehow and now says I don't have the correct one.  I know that sounds totally strange but that is what happened.  I KNOW I have the correct password.  I used it every week for the past 8 years or more and always type it in.  Is there ANY HELP on this?

Did you do a reinstall since Money worked for you? Different computer?

What could help depends on the answer to those questions.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:13 PM