Power pack RRS feed

• Question

• I auto updated to the power pack and now I have a question. Media center is now supported in Home server and the recorded tv folder has been created. When I opened the computer media center the first time it downloaded and installed the middleware and I see the server video, photo and music in the library. Where is the recorded TV folder. I tried to add it in more tv locations, no dice. I tried to add it to the library so I could watch the shows at least in media center video app but I can not monitor it there either. Why did the home server add it if it is not accessable in the media center gui? I guess I can open explorer and click on a show to watch but that doesn't seem to be the desired end result. Any help to add the recorded TV to the remote computer will be appreciated.
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP HDX 18 Notebook PC System Type x64-based PC Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.21, 3/12/2009 SMBIOS Version 2.4 Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000" Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (32 Processor Cores) 512Mb Dedicated
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:47 PM

All replies

• I auto updated to the power pack and now I have a question. Media center is now supported in Home server and the recorded tv folder has been created. When I opened the computer media center the first time it downloaded and installed the middleware and I see the server video, photo and music in the library. Where is the recorded TV folder. I tried to add it in more tv locations, no dice. I tried to add it to the library so I could watch the shows at least in media center video app but I can not monitor it there either. Why did the home server add it if it is not accessable in the media center gui? I guess I can open explorer and click on a show to watch but that doesn't seem to be the desired end result. Any help to add the recorded TV to the remote computer will be appreciated.
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP HDX 18 Notebook PC System Type x64-based PC Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.21, 3/12/2009 SMBIOS Version 2.4 Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000" Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (32 Processor Cores) 512Mb Dedicated

Hi, this is a known issue dealing with network connectivity from the release notes for Power Pack 2.

The following is a known issue with the Windows Media Center Connector:

Network connectivity issues may cause TV recordings that are stored on your home server to disappear from the recorded TV gallery in Windows Media Center. When network connectivity returns, the TV recordings may not reappear until the computer running Windows Media Center restarts.

Please restart the Media Center computer and see if the files show up in Media Center.

Thank you.

Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server

Sunday, July 5, 2009 7:08 PM