KB940199-Unable to install external devices RRS feed

• Question

•  

I tried to install KB940199 but my system says this update does not apply to my system. I have a 32 bit processor and I downloaded the update for 32 bit processor.

Please suggest me as to how I can take this forward.

Friday, July 4, 2008 6:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• i have the same problem.. it says it dosen't apply to my system.. sincei  have been getting the error message, i can't attach any new devices to my computer.. i bought a logitec G15 keyboard, and i can't use it.. it keeps telling me i need the KB940199 but when i download it i get that message, so i tried to use my cell phone and connect it to my usb port, and i get the same message... so if i need the KB940199, but when i download it, it dosen't apply to my system.. then i just have to do nothing and wait for a patch to be updated? i can't find anything on how to fix it.. if anyone knows what i can do, pelase let me know, i would love to try my new keyboard, and i need some pictures off my phone... i am running vista 32xBit.. i am downloading the correct file..

ColbySchexnider@bellsouth.net
    Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Please repost your Windows Update related questions in the Windows Update newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:39 PM