Office XP Pro wont validate after Visio 2002 install RRS feed

• Question

•  

My coworker has had a copy of Visio 2002 on his computer for sometime. I recently upgraded his computer to a new machine. I installed the Visio software on his new machine just fine. Visio will not activate nor give me a phone number to call because it says that office is not activated. In reality, office is activated.

When I attempt to update office, it comes back as not a valid copy of office. However, if I unistall visio, then office will validate and download updates with no problem.

Anyone have any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hey Red,

There may be a couple things happening. Before I present you with a solution will you run the MGA diagnostic test? This will help me analyze your problem so I may provide you with a better solution vs. taking a guess. Please follow the steps below and if you have any other questions please include them with your diag results:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hey Red,

There may be a couple things happening. Before I present you with a solution will you run the MGA diagnostic test? This will help me analyze your problem so I may provide you with a better solution vs. taking a guess. Please follow the steps below and if you have any other questions please include them with your diag results:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:50 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Here is the info your requested.

First off, I have XP Pro.

Not sure if its OEM Product or Software. The software did come with the computer, if that helps.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Validation Status: Genuine

Detailed Status: N/A

Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2MDY9-F6J9M-K42BQ

Windows Product Key Hash: jY+nlE0RT38EEXpeUqSdQPABSQc=

Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00101

Windows Product ID Type: 2

CSVLK Server: N/A

CSVLK PID: N/A

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro

ID: {CA8AA4D2-1488-43D0-8BAE-98F944507153}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A

WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Product Name: N/A

Architecture: N/A

Build lab: N/A

TTS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1

Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A

File Exists: No

Version: N/A

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 100 Genuine

OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-531-645_B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{CA8AA4D2-1488-43D0-8BAE-98F944507153}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K42BQ</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00101</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3890142990-1631639039-406239358</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>Presario V6000 (GB115AV)          </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.27     </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070626000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>1C2030CF0184606E</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>HP</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>         <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>834F529CC7FB644</Val><Hash>kPUNVlHL19Zyl5damNzqqOW5Zzw=</Hash><Pid>54186-641-7190747-17970</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Friday, September 28, 2007 12:27 PM
  • bump

Monday, October 1, 2007 8:17 PM
  • bump

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:55 PM
  • Red,

Everything appears in order based on your diagnostic results. Curious what error codes and/or statements are you receiving when Visio is installed as you attempt to download updates? In order to be accurate for a resolution I would need for you to install Visio and run the MGA Diag tool and post the results.  The problem could be a couple things. First you may need to reactivate Visio. If so please select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start Visio program.  
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:07 PM