Shared folder History not showing up-am past minimum one week timeframe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After recently acquiring a pc to use for WHS, I cannot right click>show History on any shared folder. All I get when I right click>history, is the message "There is not enough historical data...... a minimum of one weeks history is required..."
    I have had WHS installed for over a month with files in those folders.

Any ideas?

Alemaker
    Friday, May 22, 2009 2:38 AM

Answers

• Unexpectedly, and I really don't know what changed, this morning, Folder History is now working properly. When I right click>folder history, it now populates. The One Month button is default populated and it shows history from 5/4/2009 till today,5/24/2009. All of the folder histories are shown with the One Month button-looks like it was default. Strange, but now it works. I didn't do anything and -poof-now it works. Guess I'll chalk it up as a smile from the pc gods... lol
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

“Previous Versions” on WHS is not supported (and often disabled on OEM products). This is due to an issue with Volume Shodow copies (“Previous Versions”) on servers with multiple drives. For more information see this article on MSWHS.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

“Previous Versions” on WHS is not supported (and often disabled on OEM products). This is due to an issue with Volume Shodow copies (“Previous Versions”) on servers with multiple drives. For more information see this article on MSWHS.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server

Theo,

He is referring to Shared Folder History in the Console (which should work), not Previous Versions.
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 11:18 PM
  • That is correct, Shared Folder History is not populating, not previous versions. The PC originally had Vista on it, Intel Core Duo E6300, Intel motherboard DG955SS,original HD is a Western Digital 160GB,added a 320 GB Western Digital HD to storage pool 3 weeks ago(which worked perfectly btw :-)) both are recognized as internal ATA, and an Intel Gigabit nic. The only thing I can think of is maybe that the chipset drivers aren't correct. I let WHS install and it looks like everything is fine, nothing banged out in device manager, I had to install the NIC drivers, but I never did install the Intel chipset drivers. Think that could be an issue?
    • Edited by Alemaker1 Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:58 AM
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:53 AM
  • That is correct, Shared Folder History is not populating, not previous versions. The PC originally had Vista on it, Intel Core Duo E6300, Intel motherboard DG955SS,original HD is a Western Digital 160GB,added a 320 GB Western Digital HD to storage pool 3 weeks ago(which worked perfectly btw :-)) both are recognized as internal ATA, and an Intel Gigabit nic. The only thing I can think of is maybe that the chipset drivers aren't correct. I let WHS install and it looks like everything is fine, nothing banged out in device manager, I had to install the NIC drivers, but I never did install the Intel chipset drivers. Think that could be an issue?

Can you see the history from other clients?  Can you see the history if you logon to the server desktop and open the Console from there?
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:33 PM
  • Unexpectedly, and I really don't know what changed, this morning, Folder History is now working properly. When I right click>folder history, it now populates. The One Month button is default populated and it shows history from 5/4/2009 till today,5/24/2009. All of the folder histories are shown with the One Month button-looks like it was default. Strange, but now it works. I didn't do anything and -poof-now it works. Guess I'll chalk it up as a smile from the pc gods... lol
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:52 PM