locked
Moved DC's to another subnet, Mediation server not functioning properly? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I moved the DC's (which are also DNS servers) in our test environment to another subnet on Friday afternoon. After rebooting things and changing the static dns server info in the IP settings of my OCS servers, I am still having problems with (I think) the mediation server. When I rebooted the servers, i was able to log into MOC, and I actually could make an outgoing call from MOC, but I could not dial into my dial-in conferencing number, and I could not dial my MOC client from a phone. I should note that there are not firewall restrictions between the old subnet (where OCS is still located) and the new subnet (where the DC's are now located). Has anyone else attempted a DC move and seen this? Is there something I need to change to get the mediation server back to talking with OCS properly?
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:17 PM

All replies

  • update:

    it turns out i talked to our callmanager guy and he looked at the route patterns in cucm. the route pattern for my ocs numbers was missing (not sure why), but we replaced it and calls from voip phones to MOC work now. I'm now just having problems with calling out of MOC (getting a SIP Service Unavailable error in the logs). will keep working on it and post results if i get it resolved.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:24 PM
  • i didn't do anything specific, but we did update our dns forwarder to tie our production forest to the test forest (they are totally separate). after that (and adding the route pattern back to cucm) i reboot the mediation server one more time and i can now make calls to and from MOC.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:48 PM