Communicator and exchange integration RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currentlly deploying OCS in my company.

At first, the communicator will be used at first as instant messaging tool an will not replace nor interact with the Cisco ToIP Infrastructure.

I deployed the communicator on few computers and, since then, it's impossible to dial from outlook while clicking on a contact. It automaticaly dials using the communicator Instead of using the Cisco TSP already installed.

Is it possible to configure the communicator or outlook to use a particular programm for dialing ?
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:39 PM

All replies

• Have you tried disabling "Microsoft Office Communicator Add-In" in Outlook?
    Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007 / OCS 2007
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:36 PM
  • I knew this sounded familiar.  I had a similar problem with a custom TSP, and it turns out there's a hotfix available:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959625

Once you deploy that and set the registry key, you should be good to go.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Thanks for your help.

I tried to disable the Microsoft OC add-in but I didn't found out how to do it so ...

I also tried to deploy the KB hotfix but it seems that my Outlook version is not the good one (I'm with outlook 2007, last update). I'll try to just deploy the registry key. Maybe it'll work

Anyway, thank's for all.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:30 AM
  • Nom it doesn't work neither with the registry key.

I Installed regmon to see what outlook was doing when I click on call from my contacts.  I didn't see anything. No specific registrey key are called by outlook, no specific filed are opened or launched. Do anyone know something about this ?

Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:25 AM