Can form header tiles be re-sized - CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all! 

So I am working with the new CRM 2013 and I thought the forms were to be dynamic. I can't seam to get the header tiles to not cut off names or case id numbers, but it will show the full "Created On" data without cutting the info off. WHY!?

How do I set the tiles to not cut off the field info? 

Thanks!

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:10 PM

All replies

• Guess this is a design limitation... tried changing the field length, header width, removing a field(header has only 3 fields) and making case number span 2 fields (format).. nothing helped. Maybe it has to do with the way the fields are rendered based on their type. Definitely a good UI suggestion as there is little fun in having important (header) info faded. Consider posting on https://connect.microsoft.com/

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Edited by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:37 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Nagaiah.Pasi Saturday, January 4, 2014 12:54 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:36 PM
  • Hi, I had the same issue and had to change the CSS file. here is the instruction: (remeber that this is not supported by Microsoft)

1-      Customizing the header tiles:

As of today (12/30/2013) there is no supported way to change the size and font of the header tiles. To do this, we have to change the control.css file. This is not supported by Microsoft. Before make any changes, copy the original file and rename it to control_backup_YYYYMMDD.css. The file is located in “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\_forms\controls”

After each rollup update, this file may be overwritten by the original file. So the CRM admin has to check the values after the patch installation and make the necessary changes as described below:

1-1 Open the css file with a text editor and find “.ms-crm-HeaderTileLabel” and change the font-size to a new value.

.ms-crm-HeaderTileLabel

{

<% if (CrmStyles.IsRightToLeft) { %>

margin-right: 7px;

margin-

<% } else { %>

margin-

margin-right: 0px;

<% } %>

margin-

margin-bottom: 0px;

font-size: 12px;

color: #444444;

}

1-2 Then search for “.ms-crm-HeaderTileElement” and change the width and min-width properties to a new value.

.ms-crm-HeaderTileElement

{

background: #F4D89D;

<% if (CrmStyles.IsRightToLeft) { %>

margin-right: 4px;

float: right;

<% } else { %>

margin-

float: left;

<% } %>

height: 42px;

width: 130px;

min-width: 130px;

}

1-3 Restart the IIS

• Proposed as answer by Edwin Abdalian Monday, December 30, 2013 9:04 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any way to modify header tiles size in MSCRM 2013 Online version?

Thanks..

Friday, January 3, 2014 2:34 PM
  • What is the:

"overflow: hidden;  " row for? 

Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Usea web resource for the CSS file, and override an existing class/id. Then use JavaScript to add a reference to the CSS file.

This way, your customization is in Web Resources, and will not get overwritten by a new update.

This worked in 2011, should work in 2013 with minimal tweaking if any:

var _css = "/WebResources/crm_css";
    var _cssref = document.createElement("link");
    _cssref.setAttribute("rel", "stylesheet");
    _cssref.setAttribute("type", "text/css");
    _cssref.setAttribute("href", _css); 
    $("head").append(_cssref);

• Proposed as answer by Nico-TMVP Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:27 AM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 2:49 PM
  • There is a way to do it. Double click on the field (ex. Case Number) and change its formatting to 2 columns. This will result in the field occupying more space on header. Make sure you first change Header's formatting to 4 columns i.e. 4 fields in one row.

Doing this will give you an error as shown but you can display full content in header at the end.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:36 AM
  • be aware that if you change the format the header is no longer editable
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:10 PM