Incorrect Free Space reported in Vista using mapped drive letter to Home Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Discovered this on a customers computer that connected to a Windows Home Server. He uses Vista Business. Both computer have all the latest updates installed via Windows Update Service.  I have a screen shot that I can provide if it helps.

The Home Server has two (2) 1TB HDD that pair together for extended storage. File replication is enabled.
    The workstation reports through My Computer that drive "P" has 1.7TB free of 985MB and the storage bar is shown in red.

Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:10 PM

Answers

• Discovered this on a customers computer that connected to a Windows Home Server. He uses Vista Business. Both computer have all the latest updates installed via Windows Update Service.  I have a screen shot that I can provide if it helps.

The Home Server has two (2) 1TB HDD that pair together for extended storage. File replication is enabled.
    The workstation reports through My Computer that drive "P" has 1.7TB free of 985MB and the storage bar is shown in red.

Any suggestions?

That is a known issue due to the way WHS handles the drives in the background (by combining the drives into one storage pool).  See KB957825 for more info.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:57 AM