Great Deal! Free 500GB HD w/HP EX470 RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

OfficeMax has a limited time offer on their HP EX470 MediaSmart Home Servers.  From 3/16 - 3/23 you can get a free Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drive with the purchase of your HP EX470.  Not bad!  Essentially you just got the HP EX475 for the same price as the EX470.  The offer is only available online.

I don't usually think of OfficeMax for my PC purchases but I had a really bad experience with Circuit City so I ended up looking around.  I'm glad I did!

I just figured I'd share that with you guys.  I'm really looking forward to my Home Server arriving.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:13 PM

All replies

• I got my EX470 for $499 direct from HP through an employee purchase plan discount.  It ends up being about the same price, as 500gb drives are about $100 now.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:30 PM
  •  

Dang it!  You know what?  I get an employee discount through my employer too!  I never even thought of checking our EPP price.  Of course, it's usually marked up so they can mark it down.  Dell runs the same EPP as it does for the standard joe user.

I'm not sure I even want to look at the price now.  haha.

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:57 PM
  • HP's employee purchase plan pricing (for me anyway) is 10% less than the HP online store price.  Dell's EPP pricing is a joke (although I do prefer their PC's).  You can get the same price on their site, EPP or not.  I just sent my EX470 back, as I am building my own.  They even paid the return shipping.  Pretty good service if you ask me. 

Monday, March 24, 2008 11:43 PM