OCL Beta doesn't update from old backup? RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple mirror images over four internal and four external USB drives. I reformatted one complete 360 GB drive for backups and did a 279 GB backup last week; it took almost two days. This week I went to update that backup and it analyzed it needed 250 GB space for that update. Clearly not working... I have to reformat/delete and do again? Wow!

Is this common? Is this just because I'm using the Beta? Or is my setup config somehow incorrect? If I have to do a complete backup every time it's really bad/slow/inconvenient/a hog.

I would like some info, or better, a fix? Is this something that will get corrected down the line, soon?

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:00 PM

Answers

• I had done a reinstall. I did a new backup (from scratch) and since then things have been fine.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 5:08 AM

All replies

• Unless you performed a database reset due to update problems or reinstalled, each subsequent backup is an incremental backup. So, that would mean that somehow your 250 gigs of data is being seen by OneCare as new or changed since the last backup. What kind of files are you backing up? Do you do a load of Multimedia work?

Also, if you're using the 2.0 beta, I'm moving this to the beta topic folder.

-steve

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:59 AM
  • I had done a reinstall. I did a new backup (from scratch) and since then things have been fine.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 5:08 AM
  • Thanks for reporting back.

-steve

Monday, October 8, 2007 2:05 AM